Whether it is to save money or for ecological awareness, there are solutions to reduce your energy consumption and thus reduce the amount of your water and electricity bills. Here are seven effective tips to consume less energy.
Tip 1: Carry Out a Diagnosis of Your Home
This is one of the most important tips to lower your energy consumption and reduce your electricity, gas, or fuel bill. This tip applies especially to older homes built when energy performance regulations were not as strict as they are today.
This involves booking an electrician service in Lahore to identify flawed wiring and equipment in your house causing high energy consumption. It will help you understand why you should not invest in a geyser or AC that consumes much electricity. The result of the diagnosis carried out will allow you, possibly, to undertake some work to strengthen the energy performance of your home and thus save energy.
Tip 2: Choose the Right Heating System
To heat your home, you now have the choice between several heating systems. Electric heating competes with gas heating, oil heating, wood heating or even solar heating, or even heat pump heating. Not all of these heating systems have the same energy consumption.
Based on the use of renewable energy, solar heating is by definition the most economical in terms of energy consumption, saving on the energy bill to be compared with the installation price. Conversely, you should probably think about changing an oil-fired boiler that has been installed by a professional for many years if you want to take advantage of a less energy-efficient and economical heating system. For any kind of electrical work book a professional electrician in Lahore through Mr. Mahir app.
Tip 3: Improve Hot Water Production
The third tip for saving energy and reducing your energy consumption concerns the production of domestic hot water for dishes, showers, and car wash at home. In practice, it suffices to:
- reinforce the insulation of your hot water tank;
- optimize the volume of the hot water tank according to your actual needs;
- opt for water-saving taps and install automatic taps;
- carry out regular maintenance of your installation.
Tip 4: Choose Your Electrical Appliances Carefully
The consumption of electrical appliances represents a significant part of your electricity bill. When purchasing your refrigerator, washing machine, dishwasher, electric oven, hob, Mr. Mahir’s technician recommends that you compare the performance of these devices in terms of energy consumption beforehand.
Tip 5: Check and Improve Your Home’s Insulation
The insulation of a home plays a crucial role in energy consumption. A poorly insulated house will require more energy (heating).
To reduce your energy consumption with better insulation of your home, you will have to choose the insulation technique, the insulating materials, etc. Do not hesitate to book professional electrician services in Lahore to improve your home’s insulation and save money.
Tip 6: Choose the Proper Lighting
Are your lights still fitted with classic incandescent bulbs? Changing the bulbs of your different lights is one of the tips that will save you extra money on your electricity bill. Today, LED lamps and compact fluorescent lamps offer better performance in terms of energy consumption than their predecessors.
When it comes to lighting, a few daily reflexes can consume less energy.
Tip 7: Adopt a Virtuous Behaviour on a Daily Basis
A few simple steps are enough to reduce your consumption and save energy. In addition to the tips mentioned above (choice of household appliances, selection of LED bulbs, etc.), you have the possibility to reduce your energy consumption to:
- play on the interior comfort temperature by lowering the temperature by 1 or 2 ° C
- set up a home automation system for automatic management of your various electrical devices;
- regularly maintain your various appliances and equipment such as refrigerators, boilers, radiators, etc.;
- dry your laundry outside rather than using your dryer;
- activate the “eco” button on your dishwasher;
- cover your pots when cooking when boiling water;
- defrost your freezer regularly (as soon as the layer of the frost exceeds 3 mm in thickness);
- opt for long defrosting of your food in the fridge rather than rapid defrosting in the microwave;
- Instead of running your electric water motor for hours to wash your car at home, book car wash services in Lahore for efficient yet effective cleaning.
Thanks to all these tips and good behaviours to adopt daily, it will be hassle-free for you to reduce your energy consumption (water, electricity, gas, etc.) and make significant savings on your bills.