QuickBooks Runtime Error is Software or hardware problem which prevents the Internet Explorer from working correctly. This error can be caused when the website uses HTML code that is incompatible with the web browser functionality.
Whenever you face this error then you will receive an error message on your system like “Runtime Error! Program: ..\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 7.0\qbw32.exe. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information”.
Causes of QuickBooks Runtime Error
- The main reason behind this QuickBooks Runtime error is when it comes to QuickBooks Desktop.
- In between Microsoft and QuickBooks, there is a conflict.
- When the former interferes with the latter’s processes, it stops and disbands the user task.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Runtime Error
There are some steps mentioned below to fix QuickBooks Runtime Error:-
Method 1- In Selective Startup Mode Complete the Activity
It is hard to resolve the conflict between the programs as it could be any other software on your computer system which may be interfering with the QuickBooks process and the causes of QuickBooks Runtime Error. Follow the below steps correctly to go to the selective startup mode:-
- Press Window+R key together and open the Run Window.
- When it open then type the Msconfig and tap on the Enter button.
- Then, a system configuration window will appear then you have to move to the General tab and select the Selective Startup.
- Now, click on Load System Service and then move to the Service tab.
- Against “Hide all Microsoft Service” put a tick on the box and choose the Disable All.
- Now, you have to remove the tick on that box Hide all Microsoft Services and check that the Windows Installer box is marked or not.
- Click on the OK button and Restart your system.
- After that, go to QuickBooks and complete the task which you want to try in the Normal Mode.
- When it has done, then again follow the first three steps, but now, choose the Normal Startup which is under the General tab.
- At last, click on the OK and again Reboot your system.
Read also – Quickbooks Sync Manager Error Solution
Method 2- Clean Install QuickBooks
You have to make sure that QuickBooks installation files have to refresh by installing the QuickBooks Desktop. To uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks you have to follow all the steps mentioned below:-
Step 1- Take Backup of the Company File
- Firstly, go to the QuickBooks and then tap on the File menu.
- Select the Switch to single user mode and again move to the File menu.
- Choose the Backup Company and then click on the Create Local Backup.
- After that, you have to tap on the Local Backup option and then click on the Next button.
- When it opens then you have to go to the Browser and select the location of your backup files.
- Now, you will see a test will be conducted by QuickBooks to check that the backup file is safe before you want to save it.
- At last, when the test completes then click on Ok and save it now.
- Now, verify whether the QuickBooks Runtime Error is still there or not.
Step 2- Selective Startup Mode Open
To open the Selective startup window follow the same above-mentioned steps in the first solution to enter and exit the selective startup mode.
Step 3- QuickBooks Uninstall
- Firstly, go to the Start key and then open the Control Panel.
- Then, move to the Programs and Features option or choose Uninstall a Program tab.
- Now, search for QuickBooks under the list of programs and then select it.
- Now, you have to click on the Uninstall/Change key and choose Remove.
- At last, you have to follow all the instructions which appear on the screen in the installer windows to Uninstall QuickBooks.
Suggest read – 0x0 0x0 Window Error
Steps 4- Run Clean Install Tool
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then go to the Installation Issues option.
- Select the Clean Install Tool and then the tool will do its work.
- After that, exit from the tool hub.
Step 5- Again Install QuickBooks
- Firstly, open the application installer file for QuickBooks and then click on it.
- When the installer will open. Move to all the instructions and then you have to activate the application when it is installed.
- At last, check whether QuickBook Runtime Error is resolved or not.
Method 3- Rename QBW.INI File
- Firstly, you have to find the tool window file search, then find the file on the system or you may manually browse for the files.
- When you find the QBW.INI file then right-click on it and select the Rename option.
- Now, you have to rename the file by adding the extension .OLD at the end of all the files.
- Then, the file name will be like QBWS.OLD.
- At last, you have to click on the Enter key to save all the changes you made.
Method 4- Turn off Running Windows
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del together.
- Verify that the QBW.EXE process is running or not in your system.
- If this file is running then you have to click on the End Process option to stop it.
- Now, you have to right-click on QuickBooks and also hold the Ctrl key at the same time. Then click on open when you hold the Ctrl key.
- Under the section named No Company Open Screen, you have to use the Alt key.
- At last, click on the Alt and choose the “ Hospitable launch your QuickBooks Company files”.
In this article, we discuss how to resolve QuickBooks Runtime Error. I hope these steps and posts will be helpful for you and may you follow all the steps correctly. If there are any type of issues that occur then you can visit our post also.