Selecting the right pieces of jewelry for office is tricky. You want to wear something that allows you to make a statement. However, you don’t want to appear unprofessional by wearing flashy jewelry.
Being sparkly is not acceptable in the office environment. Especially if you are a lawyer or a doctor. Doctors have to be on the go all the time. They cannot choose to wear expensive diamonds. As a doctor, you have to focus on your work instead of worrying about your diamonds.
Moreover, if you are a lawyer you have to appear professional while maintaining your class and sophistication. Classic jewelry enhances your looks in the courtroom.
Stick to Classic Jewelry Pieces:
Dressing up for work is a challenging job. You have to appear professional yet maintain a classic look. You might have a woman in your office who wears flashy jewelry pieces with her outfits. It’s quite annoying having someone wearing noisy bracelets or earrings. You don’t want to be that woman.
You spend most of the time of your day in your office. If you are a jewelry lover, you don’t have to sacrifice not wearing it. You can wear minimal jewelry pieces and complement your looks.
No matter what kind of office you work in, no matter what the environment is, you can find a perfect jewelry piece. As a working woman, you have to choose a conservative and sophisticated collection of jewelry. It is best to stick to the classics. You can choose to wear small hoops or stud earrings.
You can never go wrong if you wear a classic watch with your office dress code. If you are a lawyer you can match the watch with your skirt. In this way, you can keep the track of time and also appear classy.
Studs for everyday office look
If you are looking for office jewelry pieces, stud earrings should be a part of your collection. You can buy stud earrings in different styles. They are available in minimalistic designs that are suitable for you to wear in the office environment.
Studs are perfect for carrying out an everyday office look. You can wear stud earrings with gemstones engraved in it. A ruby stone would look great. It would add a touch of color and match with most of your outfits.
Add a feminine touch with pearls
A white pearl necklace would make you look forward to dressing up for the office. You’d be able to add a feminine touch to your outfit with a pearl necklace.
Who says pearls are old fashioned and conservative. They are the most popular classic jewelry pieces. You can add a touch of sophistication and glamour with nice and white pearls.
Keep your jewelry simple. It is nice to wear a complete pearl set with matching earrings and a bracelet but on a formal occasion. You’d overdo your look if you wear the pearl set at the office. Just one piece pearl jewelry would be good enough.
Some Do’s and Don’t of office jewelry:
Flashy and glittery jewelry pieces are a distraction at work. You are unable to keep a professional attitude with this kind of jewelry. As a working woman, you don’t want to disappoint your clients or co-workers with the wrong type of jewelry.
You don’t want people to have a wrong first impression about your personality. Therefore, you have to be very careful in how to carry the right office look.
Let look at the do’s and don’t of office jewelry:
- Classic jewelry pieces like small hoops, pearl necklace and an elegant watch uplifts your office look. Make sure that you match your jewelry pieces with your outfit.
- If you work in a conservative office environment, stud earrings would be a good option. Don’t choose something too bright or glittery. It is going to be a distraction in the office.
- If you work in a creative environment as an artist or a designer, you can choose to wear long earrings. But you need to make sure that they are not too noisy. You don’t want to have the stirs of the people around you.
- Avoid wearing long earrings that make noise. You don’t want to disturb anyone in the office with the jingles and jangles when you walk around the office.
- Don’t wear extra-long and flashy earrings with stones. Keep the flashy look for the party. You don’t want to appear casual and non-serious at the office.
- If you want people to take you serious, avoid wearing noisy bracelets and bangles. While typing on the computer, the bangles press against the desk and make unnecessary noise. This distracts you and your co-workers to concentrate on the work.
- Before leaving your home for work, always look yourself in the mirror. Don’t overdo the accessories. If you think you are wearing too much jewelry, you should take it off. It is best to keep the jewelry minimal at the office.
- A general rule of thumb is to wear one piece of jewelry at your office. Yes you can wear a bracelet, necklace and a ring. However, it is best to choose to wear earrings if you want to wear one piece jewelry.
If you are looking for ways to transform your office attire, you can add a classic jewelry accessory. With the wide variety of classic jewelry designs you can bring elegance to your style.
If you want to choose only one piece of jewelry, classic earrings would be enough. They won’t hurt your ears and you can wear them all day long.
While choosing the appropriate office jewelry for yourself, make sure that you wear something that does not affect your professional attire.