IELTS is the short name given to International English Language Testing System. It is one of the most popular English language exams in which the candidate’s ability in the English language is tested. The validity of the IELTS exam results is of two years; thus, applicants should plan their immigration wisely. Further, the applicants should also meet the minimum points requirements to qualify.
Understanding the IELTS pattern for Canadian immigration
If you are willing to study, live or work outside India, then you need to be fluent in the English language and take the test. The IELTS test is for two types –
• Academic version
• General Training version.
The Academic IELTS version is aimed at students who would like to pursue higher studies in the U.K., the USA, New Zealand, Canada, and Europe. The general examination can be undertaken by people for whom the reason for immigration is work or setting a business of their own.
In both versions, the test is divided into four sections-
The test score is allocated in terms of bands with a range of 0 to 9. A Score of 0 bands is given to an inefficient person, and a score of 9 bands means that someone is an expert in the language. A band score of 6 is considered a decent score and is called an ideal selection score for most of the programs of Canada Immigration.
Why is coaching essential for the IELTS examination?
Even if you are competent in the English language, proper guidance can help you improve your language score immensely. Having a high IELTS score can help the applicant achieve a high CRS score as well. A high CRS score will mean assurance of your selection for immigration.
How to prepare well for an IELTS test?
The earlier you start, the better prepared you will be for the IELTS test. The test duration is almost three hours, so time management is a key aspect when answering your questions within the time limit. Few ways you can be better equipped in the test are –
- Study from the right material – the right books and test papers can help you be best prepared for the test day.
- Study under the right mentorship – A student can only be as good as the guru; therefore, find the right mentorship for learning.
- Work on your shortcomings – Find your weak areas and strengthen them with continuous work and preparation.
- Never hesitate to clear your doubts – It is fine if you are unaware of some things; no one is perfect. You should never hesitate and always clear your doubts.
What is the process after someone has taken the IELTS exam?
The Steps to Be followed after IELTS
• Hire an accredited Immigration consultation firm
• Undergo Pre-Assessment
• Compiling Education Credential Assessment (ECA) Application
• Online Filing Under Express Entry Program / PNP
• Documentation of Visa Application
• Wait for Express Entry Draw results
• Submitting Visa Application
How to get a Permanent Residency (P.R.) status in Canada?
Two popular pathways help you seek the Permanent Residency (P.R.) Status of the Canadian Government – Express Entry Program and the Provincial Nominee Program(PNP). The PR Status in both cases is provided for five years, and it is a family visa. With the P.R. Status immigrant is allotted with rights and freedom equal to the full Canadian citizen the most attractive one are free education and healthcare system. While Express Entry allocates the right to settle anywhere in the country, the PNP grants the P.R. status for a particular province only.
There are streams and sub-streams under each category, and you can choose the program for relocation as per the needs and the credentials of the applicant.