QuickBooks Error 15106 is a typical issue that takes place due to problems within the updated application. It generally indicates the program was affected causing this unintentional error. It is possible to see this error message displaying on your screen while working on the software. You will also encounter QuickBooks error 15106 while downloading QuickBooks Desktop updates. This Error Code is a sign of some damage and corruption in the updated software and after getting this issue, your system will start crashing. This will stop you from updating the QB payroll as well. In this post, we’ve discussed the root factors leading to QuickBooks 15106 and the most effective ways to fix this annoying error. So, let’s begin.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code 15106
Knowing the root of the issue will help you repair the Quickbooks Update Error 15106 quickly. The causes of this stubborn error are:
- If the user’s account settings are activated.
- Preinstalling the anti-virus software.
- You might be running WebRoot anti-virus software onto your PC.
- When you updated your software, you weren’t logged in as an administrator.
- QuickBooks installation is unable to install all the other components.
Top 3 Solutions to Repair QuickBooks Error Code 15106
After the root of Quickbooks Update Error 15106 is identified, it’s time to repair it using the top 3 experts recommended solutions. The solutions mentioned here are in an organized manner. So, make sure you apply these solutions in a sequence only.
Method 1: Disable UAC
Cease user account control by applying the steps listed below. Also note that the steps to change the UAC settings depend on what version of Windows you’re running like Windows 8.1, 10, 8, or 7. Take these steps (below) in order to modify the settings for your UAC for Windows 8.1, 10, 7, and 8:
- Hold “Windows + R”. The Run box will be accessed following this action.
- Once done, write “Control Panel” then hit “OK”.
- Select “User Accounts”.
- After that, modify the UAC setting by simply tapping on it.
The crucial thing here is if you get any prompt from UAC, choose “Yes” to move further.
- Now, move the slider.
- If you wish to disable UAC then hit “Never Notify”. After that click “OK”.
- To activate the UAC, choose “Always Notify”. Then hit “OK”.
- In the end, restart your system and continue your work.
In case the error pops up again even after disabling UAC, then simply jump to the troubleshooting method number 2.
Method 2: Giving Admin Rights To QB
Administrator rights are essential to make crucial configurations such as QuickBooks payroll or updates. Thus, by granting administrator rights to QuickBooks, you can repair Quickbooks Update Error 15106 easily. The steps are:
- Firstly, launch “Control Panel”.
- Thereafter, click “User-Accounts”.
- Now, click again on “User-Accounts”.
- Once done, select “Admin”.
- Next, open “Desktop” and tap on “QuickBooks.exe”.
- At last, tap the QB icon and select “Run as an admin”.
You can now proceed with updating your QuickBooks software or payroll, and you won’t receive the QB 15106 error message again. If the error still somehow bothers you, follow the last but most effective troubleshooting technique.
Read More: Benefits of AI for Financial Services.
Method 3: Repair QuickBooks Installation
The final troubleshooting method is repairing Quickbooks installation. Sometimes Quickbooks installation brings up errors and technical glitches causing your system to throw Quickbooks Update Error 15106 repeatedly. Hence, experts recommend users uninstall the software and reinstall it via a clean installation. The steps are:
- Firstly, hold “Windows + R”.
- Thereafter, write “Appwiz. CPL” and hit Enter.
- Now you will see “Installed Programs List”. There tap on Uninstall/Change a Program. Once done, tap twice on Uninstall Quickbooks.
- Moving on, choose “Remove/Change” and tap “Next”.
- Now select the “Repair” option and hit “Next”.
- Click “Repair” after which a repairing process of QuickBooks installation” to remove QuickBooks Error 15106 will begin.
- If you receive an error message stating “File in Use”, then click “Ignore” and move ahead.
- After the repair is finished, reboot your PC and open QB.
- Choose “Install Now” once the windows of QuickBooks have downloaded and an Update” comes.
Repairing Quickbooks not only repairs the error 15106 but also resolves Quickbooks Error PS077 effectively.
Some Last Words
After applying all the troubleshooting techniques mentioned above, the Quickbooks Update Error 15106 will get repaired within minutes. Additionally, by reading its root causes mentioned here, you can prevent the error from attacking your system ever again.