As a result, you’ve just bought the latest new cell phone, complete with all of its amazing features. Whether you’ve been with a comparable brand for a long time – or you’ve just converted from iPhone to Android or Android to iPhone – we’re here to help you set up your new phone so you can maximize its latent power.
Asurion Experts assist our 300 million (and counting!) clients in taking advantage of the latest technologies they love and rely on on a daily basis, and have prepared these tips to assist you in swiftly and effortlessly set up your new phone. So you can get back to the fun part: learning everything there is to know about your new gadget!
Instructions for backing up your old phone
Whether you have an Android or an iPhone, the operating system on your phone includes pre-programmed cloud backup capabilities to preserve crucial data like photographs, passwords, email messages, and the records you’ve created in other apps. These pre-programmed reinforcement skills can be found in your phone’s settings and are simple to set up.
ANDROID PHONE APPLICATIONS:
The Android Backup Service can backup your data and is connected to at least one of your Google accounts. This is how you put it together:
- Join your Wi-Fi network with your device.
- Go to your phone’s Settings menu
- Under Accounts and Reinforcement, tap Backup and Restore.
- By tapping it, you may enable Backup My Data.
- After that, you’ll see options for backing up your data, such as passwords, preferences, and application data, which will all be preserved in your Google account.
APPLICATIONS FOR SMARTPHONES:
- You can use iCloud to back up your smartphone; discover how to do so.
- Join your Wi-Fi network with your device.
- Select the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Look down at the iCloud button and press it.
- Make sure iCloud Backup is enabled by looking down in iCloud and tapping Backup.
- By tapping Back Up Now, you can return to the previous screen.
- Until the cycle is finished, make sure you’re connected to your Wi-Fi network. Follow these procedures to ensure that the reinforcement is complete: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage to find your device. In the intricacies of time and reinforcement size, the reinforcement should be noticeable.
- Instructions for moving data from your old phone to your new phone, step by step.
- Similar to the reinforcement cycle, the steps to transfer data such as contacts, schedules, and photographs from your old phone to your new one vary by gadget.
ON AN ANDROID DEVICE:
Your Google account is linked to practically everything when you use an Android phone. Signing in to your Google account after properly setting up Backup and Restore on your previous device will automatically populate contacts, scheduling arrangements, and messages onto the new phone (if not, see the past segment on the most efficient method to back up your old telephone).
WHILE ON THE PHONE:
For moving data from your old smartphone to your new iPhone, you have a few alternatives. Check out our tips for the most expedient way to reestablish information from your iCloud account or recover reinforcement from your iTunes account.
The most efficient method is to set up email, web-based media, and cloud matching.
Look at the settings highlighted on your new device for a step-by-step tour of email and web-based media accounts. Are you seeking a way to backup all of your data to the cloud efficiently? Look through our list of the best-distributed storage alternatives so that switching devices is a breeze next time.
Obtaining your device instructions. Make sure you have a way to get out and get your phone and don’t be hesitant to add features to assist you to find it if it goes missing.
TURN ON FIND MY MOBILE INSTRUCTIONS ON YOUR ANDROID DEVICE.
- This could alternatively be called “Discover My Smartphone” depending on your Android device.
- From the drop-down box, choose Settings.
- Use biometrics and security to your advantage.
- By pressing it, you can activate Find My Mobile.
- For further information on what to do if your Android phone gets missing, see how to simply track down your lost Android phone.
- The most effective technique to TURN ON FIND MY IPHONE is to do the following:
- The Exploration Using my application is straightforward. Simply follow the instructions below:
- In Settings, go to [Your Name] > Find My > Find My iPhone.
- With a tap, you can turn it on or off.
- Let’s look at some tactics for keeping your phone and the information it stores out of the wrong hands now that you’ve got everything set up. Change your password every 2-3 months to keep it as secure as possible.
THREE ADVICE FOR MAKING A STRONG SMARTPHONE PASSCODE
Consider combining numbers and letters to build a password that is both difficult and meaningful to you. For example, if you have a sweet tooth, you may use CAKE (2253) or PIES (2254). (7437).
Avoid obvious numerical sequences like 1-2-3-4 and uninteresting codes like 1-1-1-1.
Use numbers that are difficult to guess, such as your birthday, commemoration, or phone number.
Is it a smart idea for me to make it a two-factor authentication?
You’re probably aware of two-factor authentication if you use iCloud or Google accounts. It’s a security feature that demands you take an extra step — usually typing a code — to validate your identity when you sign into an email, online media, or another secret phrase-protected account.
This second degree of protection is designed to prevent anyone from marking into your record, regardless of whether or not they know your secret word. See our tutorial on the most efficient approach to set up two-factor validation for additional information.
Make sure it’s true right now. For over 25 years, Asurion has helped 300 million customers secure, associate, and appreciate the technology they love. Furthermore, cell phones are not exempt. Your entire life is stored on your device, so be sure it’s secure. Examine your alternatives and choose a phone protection plan right now.